Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Week 1 - Tethering

Dash
On Sunday, Meredith and I met with Peggy and talked about our situation and learned about tethering.  It's been working.  The dogs are calmer and learning that if they want attention they need to sit or lay quietly.  Monday morning, Dash came in the bathroom and sat in front of the toilet and wanted to be petted.  Meredith is really good at ignoring the dogs until they sit or lay down and will catch me at "reacting".  She'll tell me "Mom, that's a reaction".

Last night, Tuesday, as we were getting ready for bed, Dot and Dash had a fight in the hallway.  I'm not sure what started it, but Dot ended up with an injured leg.  I wrapped up her leg and gave her some pain medication (left over from the last time).  One of the downsides to terriers is that they NEVER give up, and won't back down.  I'm going to have to keep Dash tethered at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment